The Digital Kent team are developing a network of digital champions to support and improve the digital skills of individuals within our communities.
Our Digital Champions are volunteers and can be anyone who is willing to support someone with their digital skills and confidence.
They do not have to be a technical genius, but be patient, understanding and a strong communicator.
A Digital Champion may support their colleagues, their friends and family or members of the community in a variety of ways:
* Helping someone set up an email account or send emails
* Showing someone how to access public services online
* Helping someone use an online GP booking service * Explaining the benefits of being online (e.g. shopping, banking, etc.)
* Setting someone up on ZOOM, Microsoft Teams, etc
* Show someone how to use their phone, tablet, laptop or other digital device (e.g. Amazon Alexa).
Full induction and training will be provided and together with ongoing support via our volunteering network, beyond the initial training we only ask that you maintain contact with the network and record any volunteering activity undertaken via our online platform. If you have volunteering days available as part of your current role why not think about joining our Digital Champions network.
We appreciate all our Digital Champions are doing this on a voluntary basis.
Please see our website for further information.
|Office contact hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm|
0300 041 0056
|Contact Name||Digital Kent - Kent County Council|
|Community Groups, Volunteering, Information & Advice, Other, Carers Support|
© Thanet Support 2013-2022 - All Rights Reserved | Charity Number: 1111800 Registered In England & Wales